At Listen Before You Buy we’re always looking for more writers and contributors, we just don’t always make posts like this to advertise the fact (even though to some it seems like this is ALL we do).
That being said, below are the positions we have available (currently non-paying, but with the prospect of making a few bucks as the site grows). If you’re interested in these positions then please get in touch with us with your name, your preferred position, an example or two of your written work (if you don’t have one then write up a mock review of a song or album), and either include your Last.fm account or list your top five albums of 2010 and your top five albums of 2011.
We can’t get back to everyone who applies but we will let you know if we’re interested in bringing you on board.
New Music Editor
An integral part of Listen Before You Buy is posting some of the best new music that the musical world has to offer, and by new music I mean the kind that’s released on a daily basis that grabs people’s attention (OMG, new Radiohead song!). This is probably the most difficult position of all because it requires more of a time commitment than the others, but it’s one of the main aspects of the site that helps it grow and reach a wider audience.
As a New Music Editor, you:
- Must be able available daily (Mon-Fri especially) to catch the new music as it’s released, listen to it, write up a post about it and post it live to the site
- Must have an excellent grasp of the English language (English doesn’t have to be your first language)
- Must be open to different types of music
- Must be passionate about music and especially the music you’re writing about
- Knowledge of WordPress, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, and Grooveshark are preferred but not required (we can walk you through it)